Welcome to the Local Committee
Goose Green Primary and Nursery School are delighted to be part of the Nexus Education Schools Trust (NEST) and although we work very closely with them, the day to day governance of our school is carried out by the Local Committee.
The key responsibilities of the Local Committee are as follows:
- To carry forward the vision of the Academy and NEST
- To ensure that standards of attainment and progress are high
- To take a strategic role in the governance of Academy
- To support and challenge the School's leaders
- To monitor and evaluate the work of the Academy in relation to:
- pupil outcomes,
- teaching, learning and assessment,
- effectiveness of leadership and management,
- financial probity
- To ensure actions are taken to comply with statutory regulations
- To implement the policies of the Trust and the Academy
- To support the strategic development of the Trust
Local Committees are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and play a vital role in raising school standards. To operate effectively, the Local Committee appoints members who bring a wide range of knowledge and experience. The Local Committee consists of the Headteachers, Community members, Parent members and Staff members.
Local Committee meetings occur every term and Local Committee Members visit the schools on a regular basis.
You can contact any of the Goose Green Primary and Nursery School Governors via the Chair of Governors. You can do this by email to email@example.com or by letter to the school office.
Members of the Local Committee
Evelyn Holdsworth - Community Local Committee Member and Chair
Tara Whitehorn - Parent Local Committee Member and Vice-Chair
Zamzam Ahmed - Parent Local Committee Member
Karen Barke - Community Local Committee Member
Cassia Frankland - Staff Local Committee Member
Tom Gray - Community Local Committee Member
Rowan Khanna - Community Local Committee Member
Louise Partridge - Headteacher (Ex Officio)
Stefan Porter - Community Local Committee Member
Cat Shuttleworth - Headteacher (Ex Officio)